About Caribbean Islands
Caribbean Islands are a group of islands on the Caribbean Sea, commonly grouped as West Indies with a few mainland countries like Suriname, Guyana and Belize. The Caribbean Islands are famous for having natural beauty, beaches and lovely climate. There are 13 sovereign states and 17 dependent territories that are a part of the Caribbean Islands. The most dominant languages spoken in these islands are English, Spanish, French, Dutch and Antillean creole. The Caribbean sprawls across more than 1.06 million square miles and is primarily located between North America and South America.
MBBS in Caribbean Islands
In the past few years, Caribbean Islands have shown a rapid development in terms of medical education system in the past few years. There are many top medical universities in Caribbean Islands such as Lincoln American University, Alexander American University etc.
The Caribbean Islands have two types of medical schools: Regional and Offshore. The regional medical universities train the medical students to practice in the country where the school is located. However, the offshore medical colleges of Caribbean Islands train students from the United States and Canada who intend to return home for residency and clinical practice after graduation. The medium of instruction in most of the medical universities in Caribbean is English and other official languages of these countries are French, Spanish, Dutch, and Papiamento.
Along with the best education, the medical students in the Caribbean Islands are trained with the goal of passing the multiple components of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (USMLE), and similarly the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE).
Why Study MBBS in Caribbean Islands ?
1. The medical universities in the Caribbean Islands follow the American medical curriculum.
2. The students, who complete their MBBS from a university in the Caribbean, can easily work in the USA.
3. The cost of tuition for MBBS in the medical Universities of Caribbean Islands is very low as compared to the countries like USA and Canada.
4. The medical colleges of Caribbean are recognized by the world’s major organizations like WHO, UNESCO, FAIMER and MCI.
5. The medical universities of the Caribbean are equipped with modern medical infrastructure, technology and facilities.
Advantages of studying MBBS in Caribbean Islands
Pursuing MBBS from a medical university in Caribbean Islands offers a number of advantages for students:
1. The medical universities of Caribbean Islands are accredited by WHO, UNESCO and FAIMER.
2. The environment provided in the medical colleges in Caribbean Islands is very safe and healthy.
3. The cost of living in Caribbean Islands is very low as compared to other European nations.
4. The medical universities of Caribbean Islands follow the latest American curriculum for MBBS and other medical courses.
5. The medical students in Caribbean Islands are provided with practical knowledge along with the theoretical studies.
Admission Procedure for MBBS in Caribbean
Getting admission in MBBS or any other medical degree program in a medical university in Caribbean Islands is very easy. The applicants need to fulfill the criteria mentioned below:
1. The candidate must be 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of application.
2. The students must have passed 10+2 Level from any recognized Council/Board with a minimum of 50% aggregate in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
The students are not required to clear any entrance examination like TOEFL, IELTS, SAT and GMAT for admission in MBBS in Caribbean Islands.
Top Medical Universities in Caribbean
Here are some of the best medical universities in Caribbean Islands:
1. Lincoln American University
2. Alexander American University
3. Texila American University