HUST was established in 1952, firstly under the name of Huazhong Institute of Technology. In 2000, the university merged with Tongji Medical University (founded in 1907) and Wuhan Urban Construction Institute (founded in 1952), to form the new Huazhong University of Science and Technology as it is known today.
Since 1952 when Huazhong Institute of Technology was established, or significantly promote back, when the German specialist Erich Paulun established the German Medical School (later as Tongji Medical University ) in Shanghai in 1907, HUST has never ceased its trip to incredibleness. The previous 50 years has seen how HUST quickly formed itself into a dynamic, yearning and inventive far reaching research college.
The college confers itself to the errand "Look for Truth and Make Innovation". To these closures, the University tries to be understudy focused with the goal that they may investigate their abilities and premiums and build up their full learned potential. It means to cultivate scholarly advancement through composed interdisciplinary formative endeavors and draws on a steady drive toward brilliance with a guarantee to adding to the requirements of an evolving society.
On the 470 hectares timberland like grounds are diffusing more than 100 labs concentrating on numerous exploration ranges. The grounds is the home to more than 10 state-level exploration stages including Wuhan National Laboratory for Optoelectronics (WNLO), the Center for Gravitational Experiments, and the Wuhan National High Magnetic Field Center, Medicine and Engineering are the immense mainstays of HUST entwined with expressions and humanities, portray our scholastics and examination endeavors.
Here you will meet devoted researchers working till late into night, lively understudies moving between the sports ground and the library and kind grounds specialists cleaning the lanes at a young hour in the morning. Spring blossoms, harvest time leaves and winter snow, you will have an enchantment and beguiling experience here.
• HUST hosts around 3000 full-time faculty members, more than 900 of which are professors and 1300 associate professors.
• A large number of eminent scientists and professors are gathering here. Including 15 academicians of the Chinese Academy of Science and the Chinese Academy of Engineering.
• 36 Thousand Talents Program members.
• 5 The One-Thousand Foreign Experts Program members.
• 52 The Thousand Talents Program for Distinguished Young Scholars members.
• 48 Changjiang Scholars Program for Distinguished Professors.
• 36 Changjiang Scholars Program for Visiting Professors.
• 56 winners of The National Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars.
• 15 Chief Scientists for 973 Program.
• 2 Chief Scientists for Key Research Programs.
• 3 Young Chief Scientists for 973 program.
• 27 winners of Research Fund for Distinguished Young Scientists.
• 224 winners of Program for New Century Excellent Talents in University.
• 39 Millions of Leading Engineering Talents.
• 9 National Teaching Masters.